Job At A Glance
The Software Engineer - DevOps will enable Gecko’s software team to ship code more often and more reliably. This individual will work closely with engineers on multiple products, developing both cloud and robotic software, to improve their testing and deployment pipelines. Increasing automation of software for internal and external customers will allow these teams to get faster feedback. This is a new role at Gecko, and we are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer who is excited to have a huge impact on building our DevOps culture, tooling, etc. Remote based candidates will be considered for this position.
What You Will Do
- Simplify production deployments of our applications, both to the cloud and to our robotic platforms
- Improve automatic and manual testing in all environments, including management of test data and development of interface stubs
- Support uptime by implementing monitoring tools and by troubleshooting production issues
- Develop a robust Continuous Integration pipeline that integrates with our cloud services and version control platforms and empowers our software team to identify problems early
- Dive into scripting and troubleshooting as needed
What Gecko Is Looking For
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a DevOps role required; 8-10 years preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong automation/scripting skills (Python preferred)
- Troubleshooting ability
- Previous experience with one or more cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, etc.)
- Previous experience with cloud automation, CI/CD, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, or similar technologies
- Ability to think at an architecture level, mentally deconstruct complex systems, and identify failure modes and opportunities for optimization
- Proficiency with Linux
- Experience developing and maintaining technical documentation and procedures
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written across technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work both independently and with cross-functional teams
- Business acumen
Who We Are
Gecko Robotics (Gecko) is focused on protecting and maintaining civilizations' most critical infrastructure, with machines and platforms.
Traditional manual maintenance is dangerous, slow and reactive. Gecko’s solutions improve safety and speed (10x) while gathering more data (1000x) to predict infrastructure failures before they happen.
Gecko services customers across the USA and internationally primarily in the Oil & Gas, Power Generation and Pulp & Paper markets.