Job At A Glance
The Data Processing team develops the software that analyzes, transforms and visualizes our robotic data so that our customers can minimize their shutdowns and get their assets repaired and back online. Software engineers on the Data Processing team are responsible for the services that make up our data processing pipeline: ingestion, preprocessing, filtering, cleaning, validation, API's, etc. Our team is currently designing for scale as Gecko continues to push the boundaries on big data.
What You Will Do
● Design, implement, and verify new features in a continuous integration environment.
● Interact with frontend engineers and data analysts to design robust web application APIs.
● Lead design and code reviews.
● Use critical thinking skills to debug problems and develop solutions to challenging technical problems.
● Interact with other engineers from multiple disciplines in a team environment.
● Develop tests to ensure the integrity and availability of the application.
● Provide and review technical documentation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Gecko Is Looking For
● 2 + years experience with building backend software applications
● Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
● Demonstrated ability in writing performant, scalable code
● Dedication to test-driven development and designing production-ready systems
● Experience working with data applications and corresponding languages (Python, R, Spark, Hadoop, etc.)
● Deep understanding of a backend web development framework (Django, Flask, Node.js, Spring, Ruby, or Laravel)
● Familiarity with Computer Science fundamentals and ability to apply those fundamentals to code
● Awareness of best practices for scaling backend architectures and databases
Who We Are
Gecko Robotics (Gecko) is focused on protecting and maintaining civilizations' most critical infrastructure, with machines and platforms.
Traditional manual maintenance is dangerous, slow and reactive. Gecko’s solutions improve safety and speed (10x) while gathering more data (1000x) to predict infrastructure failures before they happen.
Gecko services customers across the USA and internationally primarily in the Oil & Gas, Power Generation and Pulp & Paper markets.
Your application was submitted successfully.